Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thank You Mom for the Snow Man Night Light

I haven't updated my blog for awhile, so thought it was about time I did. This past week has been like a mini test for me. Michael had to go out of town for a week, so I've been on my own. I realized that I've never really been on my own...in the sense that I literally know no one in this city and have nowhere to go. Personally I didn't think that I would do so well, but I've kinda surprised myself. I know it's only a week, but I'm taking baby steps here. I realized that I'm okay by myself. I've done some things that I've never done before. For example, on Sunday I saw a movie by myself. I always looked at people strangely when they were by themselves in a movie theater, but it was pretty nice. For one, I didn't have to share my sour patch kids with anyone. I mean it's just like watching a movie by yourself at home, but in a social situation. I also got to do things that Michael wouldn't enjoy. Like watching the Hills and going to the tanning bed (he yells at me for that one). I hope to make friends soon, but for now I'm taking each day at a time and I'm doing well. Also, I would like to thank my mom for the above night light. I hoped to take an actual picture of it, but my camera wouldn't cooperate. Had I been able to you would see that it lights up my bathroom like the north star. So, for those scary moments when I hear Erica's exorcist voice in my head I have the snow man night light to make me feel better! (Yes, when we were children Erica would torment us and re-enact the exorcist while we were trying to sleep. I know, she's not right and obviously I'm still scarred.) Haha, but I am coming home in December from the 13th-21st, so I can't wait to see everyone. Thank you for following along with my not so exciting blog. I will write soon!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Lauren, I am so proud of you! I have never been to a movie by myself and have always been scared to do so. Matt has gone multiple times in WV and I always think I should try it sometime. Can't wait to see you in a month!! Love you

Leanne said...

And now that my mother is northbound (thanks to Jill's impending return to work and the babies birth) I expect I'll be up in the NKY more often. I'll give ya call... maybe on the weekend of the 13th or the 26th?