Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Big Move!




I was never sure how I felt about blogging, but decided it might be a good idea while I'm in Washington. Thanks to Ashley from Great Grabbie Designs, I can start my blogging experience off with a cute blog header. She designed Laura Frickman's blog header first, so that's how I found her. Check out Laura's blog, Loving Life As A Wife. Laura and I went to lunch one day and she got me started on this idea. I agreed that it would be a good idea to keep in touch with my family and friends. So, here it goes.....

As all of you know, I decided to move to Ft. Lewis, Washington to be with my amazing, wonderful boyfriend Michael (he's sitting right next to me sorry, ha). I realized that it would be hard being away from all my family and friends, but also felt it was the right thing to do for Michael and I. So, on October 9th, 2008 we began the 35 hour drive to Washington. Personally I felt that if our relationship could handle 35 hours in one vehicle filled with ALL my clothes than we could handle anything. Suprisingly we both made it out alive despite a snow storm in Montana, unpaved roads in the middle of nowhere, and my horrible driving. We even got to drive through the Badlands which were pretty neat.

So, now I sit in Lacey, Washington our new home. I must say that it is a beautiful state with all the green trees and Mount Rainer in the backdrop . We even can glimpse the top of it from our apartment balcony on a clear day...although those might be numbered. We moved into our apartment on Friday and even though we have no furniture it's much better than staying in hotels. I have all my clothes and shoes in one place for one....kind of kidding. The furniture comes Wednesday and we get cable and Internet on Friday. We have been stalking the local Panera and Starbucks to steal their Wi-Fi. Michael has one sweatshirt until his boxes come Wednesday and he's been wearing it frequently since it's cold here (we wash it of course). Unfortunately it's a bright blue UK sweatshirt, so our goal of being inconspicuous hasn't worked out too well, haha.

That's about it on the updates from Washington. So far things are going well and the people here have been very nice. We will get to explore more this week and I will have pictures of our apartment once we get all the furniture. Be back soon!

Lauren

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love it! I'm so glad you're getting started with your blog. I can't wait to read all your updates! Miss you!!

Leanne said...

I never realized the lengths you would go to to get me to do this kind of thing... This may be the closest thing you'll ever get me to Facebook, so enjoy it!
Wow... I can't wait to see what this future holds for you. Best of luck. Missing you.

Mrs. Smith said...

I love this! How fun! I can't wait to keep reading about all your fun adventures. I'm so proud of you! Have fun! We'll keep missing you until Christmas! Have an address yet?

The Revillas said...

I'm so glad you caved in to blogging - you better be good about updating it! xo