Friday, October 24, 2008

EVERYTHING IS COMING TOGETHER......





So, since I last wrote we have gotten all our furniture, internet, and I've found a job!! It seems like everything is coming together. The apartment is starting to look more livable. Michael has been working a lot which has allowed me time to do some shopping. Dangerous I know.... I was in a weird mood and bought a very colorful mirror for our mantle. Everything was very white so I thought I needed to liven things up. Michael's favorite color is black, so I think it's taken him some time to get to use to the color, but he likes it now. Well to be honest I already had it out of the box and on the mantle, so I guess he didn't have that much of a choice, ha. Here are some pictures of the apartment.

Now the job kind of fell into my lap. I'm thinking that God is definitely looking out for me! The company that owns our apartment was looking for a leasing agent, so they asked me to interview with them. I interviewed this past Monday and they called and offered me a job that day. I start next Tuesday. I thought that I could still look and see what other jobs are out there, but in the meantime I have job security and something to keep me occupied. It worked our pretty well!

I'm excited that today is Friday. Michael and I still have stuff to unpack and organize, but we are also planning a trip to either Seattle or Mt. Rainer. I'm excited to see both! I'm also glad that we finally have cable and internet! It's funny how disconnected you feel when you don't have either. Thanks to everyone for your comments! I'm not sure how exciting these posts will be, but it makes feel connected to home to have you reading along. (Thanks Leanne for breaking down and reading the blog.....one step closer to facebook, haha). Talk to you soon!!

Lauren

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah Laur!!! The apartment looks great!!! I love you and am so proud of you!!! You're way braver than I. I don't know what to do with myself without you a short drive away, but I know we'll make it. We just need to work on our telepathy. Love you and miss you!!!!

Unknown said...

The above post was from Linday not Lance...I'm sure everyone could figure that out though.

Leanne said...

Your apartment looks awesome, Lauren. I get so jealous when I see everybody's new furniture and fixures. It reminds me of how ugly my hunter green faux marble formica is... Oh well, right after we win the lottery, make way for new countertops!

Alright, so I've now posted two comments to this blog and Stephen is using Facebook against me: he's conspiring to talk with Jill about my birthday presents, and since I don't have a profile he knows that I can't find out what I'm getting. Jackass...

If I ever cross over to the dark side you'll be the first to know.

Love you!

Mrs. Smith said...

Love the mirror! You did the right thing by just taking it right out and displaying it. Lee loves when I do that :) And I love the apartment. Looks great! I'm so glad everything is coming together for you two. Can't wait to see more pics!