Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mom & Dad Visit Seattle



I had to take my parents to the airport today after they have spent a week with me in Seattle. We had a lot of fun and it was wonderful having them out here. I think they might have been ready to go home after a week on the air mattress. I know from experience it's not comfortable! The weather ended up being beautiful for them as well. They thought I was lying about all the rain we usually get! The first day they were here we explored Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle and then ate at a Pub in the Market. We got in a lot of shopping and found my wedding dress! My Dad was a good sport for that one. I also got to spend Valentine's Day with them. We went to a nice restaurant and then saw a horrible play that I bought us tickets too. I now have a track record of 0 for 2 in purchasing decent play tickets. I think I'm going to give up. We also got to visit Chateau St. Michelle. My Dad knew someone so we got set up with a free wine tasting. It was pretty nice. We were going to visit the brewery across the street, but we decided to eat there instead of drinking more on top of the wine. Probably a good idea. They also were here to ease my nerves when I had to take my kitten to get spayed. It was pretty good timing. Even though they overdosed her on pain meds, Bella loved both my parents. I think she's sad to see them go. In the end, we had a great time and it was nice having home here in Seattle. Here's some pictures from their trip.

No comments: